Keto Clam Chowder
Enjoy a thick, creamy chowder loaded with all kinds of tasty ingredients! And believe it or not, this Keto Clam Chowder recipe is on your table in under 45 minutes. Pair with our keto crackers in place of oyster crackers for a crunchy topping!
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 16 oz clam juice
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 18 oz canned chopped clams drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 8 oz cauliflower florets chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- chopped fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- Heat a large Dutch oven or other heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the shallot and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes until shallot is translucent.
- Pour in the clam juice and make sure to scrape off any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cream, clams, bay leaf, thyme, and cauliflower florets. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove lid. Ladle out about ½ cup of the broth into a small bowl. Whisk in the xanthan gum until there are no lumps. Pour the xanthan gum mixture back into the large pot and stir through. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until soup has thickened.
- Serve topped with the reserved cooked bacon and chopped parsley if desired. Crumble our low-carb crackers on top in place of oyster crackers for a bit crunch.