Who knew that making homemade tomato soup could be so quick and easy? In a little over 30 minutes you'll have a delicious and creamy tomato soup that pairs perfectly with our keto crackers.
Low Carb Tomato Soup
Servings: 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 (28-oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp swerve granulated (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- basil (optional for garnish)
in a large pot over medium heat, add butter, chopped onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and fragrant - about 10 minutes.
Next, add the stock, crushed tomatoes, swerve, and black pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Use an immersion blender or add to a regular blender in batches to blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- Add the blended soup back to the pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stir in heavy cream until well blended and turn off heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy with our keto crackers!